How To Make Microwave Popcorn
I used to love microwave popcorn from the store but after reading all the yucky ingredients in it, I banished it from my house.
Luckily it is almost as easy to make at home and much cheaper.
Make Your Own Microwave Popcorn
- 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels
- 1 TB oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large brown paper bag
1. In a bowl, stir popcorn kernels, oil and salt.
2. Put in a heavy brown paper bag and fold over the top of the bag 3 times to make a closed pouch.
3. Put bag in the microwave with the folded part up and microwave for about 2-5 minutes. This time will vary depending on your microwave. I usually stop it when the popping lessens and I get pauses of 2-3 seconds.
4. Carefully open the bag (there will be steam) and enjoy!